The careful analysis and preparation that we devote to our clients’ matters have resulted in a good track record in the litigation cases that we have represented our clients at all levels from the Subordinate Courts to the Court of Appeal.
Our successful litigation includes defending the validity of a lease for a landlord (now a landmark case); acting for a shopping centre in claiming deduction of advertising and promotion expenses for property tax purposes; defending a claim to rescind a Sale and Purchase contract for property on the ground of misrepresentation; defending a claim of oppression in the management of the affairs of a company and claiming commission in a case determined largely on oral evidence.
Below are some of the Singapore High Court and Court of Appeal cases in which the partners have successfully represented clients as counsel or co-counsel in recent years: –
- Tay Kian Hua v. Kah Motor Company Sdn Bhd  SGHC 187
- Golden Village Multiplex Pte Ltd v. Marina Centre Holdings Pte Ltd  3 SLR 452
- BCH Retail Investment Pte Ltd v. Chief Assessor  4 SLR 844
- Lim Hun Ching and Another v. Lim Ah Choon  4 SLR 315
- Empire International Holdings Ltd v. Mok Kwong Yue and Another  SGHC 221
- Public Prosecutor v. Sinsar Trading Pte Ltd  3 SLR 240
- High Court Suit No. 163 of 2004/L and appeal to Court of Appeal – Yeoh Peng Lim v. (1) Yeoh Peng Hay & (2) Yeo Brothers Launch Services Pte Ltd.
- Peters Roger May v. Pinder Lillian  2 SLR 381
- High Court Suit No. 314 of 2007/E – Novelty S.E.A. Pte Ltd v. Jewel 1 Pte Ltd
- Jean Tsai v. Har Mee Lee & Ors  SGHC 210