Jason is the Head of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice at De Souza Lim & Goh LLP. He obtained his LLM degree from University College, London. He was called to the Bar of England & Wales in 1982 and was admitted to the Singapore Bar in October 1983.
Jason was admitted as a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitration in 1999. He has been appointed by the SIAC and the ICC International Court of Arbitrators in both international and domestic arbitrations as sole arbitrator and as co-arbitrator since 2003.
Experience (Arbitration) :
Arbitral experience include appointments as arbitrator or acting as counsel in disputes involving insurance law, building construction, marine engineering, pipe-laying projects (oil and gas), partnership and commercial disputes, cross-border contracts and transactional disputes and disputes relating to intellectual property rights.
Recent arbitral awards issued include cases involving shareholders’ and investments disputes in the People’s Republic of China, disputes involving international franchises in the United Arab Emirates, disputes involving coal mining and bitumen productions in Indonesia and specialist works at a major hospital in Singapore.
Arbitral work undertaken included ICC arbitrations and AAA arbitrations held in Singapore and New York.
- Advocate and Solicitor
- Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Appointed member of the Singapore Law Society Inquiry Panel
- Appointed member of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre – Reserve Panel of Arbitrators (1 May 2003 to 30 April 2006)
- Appointed member of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators Panel of Arbitrators for Sports Arbitrations
- Appointed member of the Singapore Law Society Panel of Arbitrators
- Chairman – Civil Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore (2011 – 2013)
- Appointed member of the Marine Offshore Oil and Gas Association Panel of National Mediator and Arbitrator.
- Accredited Associate Member, Singapore Mediation Centre
Some of the major or reported cases in which he has appeared as lead counsel in the Singapore High Court are:
- Chia Kum Fatt Rolfston v Lim Lay Choo  2 SLR(R) 793
- China Resources Purchasing Co Ltd v Yue Xiu Enterprises (S) Pte Ltd (Bulsing (Private) Limited, Thirty Party)  SGHC 112
- China Resources Purchasing Co Ltd v Yue Xiu Enterprises (S) Pte Ltd and Another  1 SLR(R) 397
- Myaing Hin @ Bein Hin and Another v Lim Beng Hwee @ San San Win and Others  SGHC 167
- Citicorp Investment Bank (Singapore) Ltd v Wee Ah Kee  2 SLR(R) 1
- Wee Ah Kee v Citicorp Investment Bank (Singapore) Ltd  3 SLR(R) 623
- Lek Bong Hua v Lek Boon Chye  3 SLR(R) 916
- Nyo Nyo Min v Aung Khin & anor  SGHC 39
- Star City Pty Limited v Tan Hong Woon  SGHC 36
- CSR South East Asia Pte Ltd (formerly known as CSR Bradford Insulation (S) Pte Ltd v Sunrise Insulation Pte Ltd  1 SLR(R) 1079
- Star City Pty Ltd (fka Sydney Harbour Casino Pty Ltd) v Tan Hong Woon  1 SLR(R) 306
- Marina Tanker Sdn Bhd v Chan Fook Choon & Anor  SGHC 67
- Har Mee Lee & Ors v Sin Fook Seng & Ors  SGSTB-4
- Tsai Jean v Har Mee Lee & Ors  2 SLR(R) 1, SGHC 210
- Roger May Peters v Lilian Gek Lian Pinder  3 SLR(R) 765
- Premium Automobiles Pte Ltd v Song Gin Puay Ronnie  SGHC 254
- Serge Pun v Joy Head Investments Limited  4 SLR 478
- Vicplas Holdings Pte Ltd v Allfit International Marketing Pte Ltd & Ors  2 SLR 739
- Public Prosecutor v Tee Fook Boon Andrew  SGHC 192
Appointments to Arbitration Panels :
Jason was appointed as a member of the reserve panel of arbitrators at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre and has since been appointed arbitrator in the following arbitrations :
19 September 2005
13 July 2006
23 November 2007
10 November 2010
07 June 2012
08 November 2013
29 September 2014
05 May 2015
SIAC – ARB043/05
SIAC – ARB035/06
ICC – No.15158/JEM
ICC – 17232/CYK
SIAC – ARB 087/12/SL
SIAC – ARB 191/13/ZH
SIAC – ARB 102/14/ZH
SIAC – ARB 036/15/KJ
Jason is presently the Vice-President of Teen Challenge Singapore, which is a charity which has been registered with the Commissioner of Charities and holds an Institution of Public Character (IPC) status.